1. I think my tattoo is finally starting to be itchy and have dead skin on it! It never scabbed, but I don't bleed easily and it's just linework. Next it has to peel and then I'll know if it's okay or needs a touchup AND I can stop having panic attacks every time it touches something!
2. Had a long conversation with my mother about sex and I finally understand why she holds her old-timey views and, more importantly, I firmly disagree with them and I know why
I disagree with them! I feel like I'm right and that's a huge relief. For the first time, I honestly believe that I'm not making a mistake in my plans to loosen up a bit when I'm back in Paris.
3. Today I realized a life-long dream to dye my hair a dark shade of red that I think stems from being obsessed with Ariel as a child. I like it. And Kelley realized her dream of getting a pink streak in her hair after more than a year of wanting one.
I'm a big fan of it.
4. I was wearing my tanktop again today, still trying to be confident and unapologetic. Usually I expect people to give my belly weird looks but all that happens is guys stare at my boobs. Awesome. Today however, as we walked into a restaurant, a slutty sorority type finally lived up to my expectations and raised her eyebrows at my weight. But I didn't feel ashamed like I thought I would when that moment came. In fact, I wanted to take my bigass calzone stuffed with cheese and go sit next to her at her table and eat it there while she picked at her salad. Bitch, you can judge my looks all you want, but in 31 days a hotass Frenchman is going to start texting me again and you are still going to be living in fucking Carrboro. Enjoy your salad and your frat boys.
5. My epilator came in the mail. It is definitely very sting-y, which is unpleasant but not impossible to deal with. I'm not super happy with it because I did one leg and when I run my hand over it it feels quite scratchy. Also there are red bumps but I'm sure they'll go away. HOWEVER. I used it on my underarms and it hurt like a mofo BUT. My underarms have never looked so hairless in my LIFE. Hurray! I don't know what the deal is with my leg though. I got kind of emotionally exhausted after the leg and the armpits and I just called it quit for the night, so my other leg is still a jungle. Does anyone on my flist find epilators to be a successful thing? Do you have tips?
6. That man moved in. He's very good at not being awkward, which makes me jealous. I now live in the corner of the living room, but I'm extremely content with it. I hate having too much space, and that whole room was unnecessary. This corner makes more sense. I like it here.
So here's me in my corner trying to model my tattoo...
Also, my hair. I decided last night I wanted to dye it and today it's done. I think now that I have a tattoo I've decided that nothing else is scary.